London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are partnered with one of the industries fastest growing proprietary trading firms with offices in Chicago, London, & New York City. Our client is seeking a Junior Network Engineer to join their Chicago based team.
In the role you will learn to:
- Maintaining and progressively improve the existing database infrastructure of the electronic trading environment.
- Troubleshoot technology related problems
- Multicast routing
- Datacenter design
- Troubleshooting intermittent packet loss and Latency issues
- Support trading system connectivity and equipment failure
This is an ideally opportunity for a self-motivated candidate who wants to learn using best practice and best of breed technology. Our client can offer second to none training and development.
Does this sound like something you would be interested in?
If so, do you have the following?
- A Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from a 4-year university in Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field
- Basic understanding of the TCP/IP suite
- Knowledge of the OSI layers 1-4 and associated equipment
- Basic experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netmon, etc).
- Exposure to concepts of automation and scripting languages (bash, perl, powershell, vbscript)
- Active or near completion of CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar IT certification a plus