Junior - Mid C# Developer
Hedgefund - £50,000-£60,000
Harrington Starr is currently looking for a Junior- Mid level C# SQL Developer who has a keen interest within the buy-side (Hedge funds) to join a global partner of ours.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or IT related field or equivalent work experience;
- Team player with Good communication skills and Analytical;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently;
- Discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information;
- 2-4 years C# programming experience;
- Strong SQL database development experience;
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles and design patterns;
- Unit and Integration testing;
- Agile development methodology;
- Persistent/Real-time messaging system experience.
Candidate will work with business areas to design, build and deploy custom applications and enrich off-the-shelf applications as required;
- Provide technical solutions through development to automate processes or functions to improve business operations;
- Develop corresponding operations and support procedures for application support
- Design and develop scripts to automate operational tasks and maintenance;
- Administer and enforce IT development standards and processes;
- Provide support during scheduled contingency tests and upgrades;
- Assist with the installation of patches and updates, determine impact on applications;
- Work directly with end users & support staff on issues.