London, United Kingdom
Junior Developer – Hedge Fund – London
Up to £75,000 + Bonus
A global Hedge Fund with a multi-strategy investment approach and more than £3bln under management, are seeking a junior developer to join their London-based (West End) team.
The role involves development, testing and support of critical infrastructure components over a wide set of application domains, working with the senior strategists and developers to meet the group’s requirements for innovation in connection to its execution platform, risk and portfolio analysis tools, portfolio construction processes and ongoing development of the research platform. The successful candidate will be a versatile self-starter, capable of contributing in all areas of the stack, from higher-level design decisions down to the implementation detail.
- Prior experience of working in a commercial development role (preferably at least two years’ experience)
- Strong Java 8 skillset (including knowledge of open source libraries)
- Experienced in using relational databases for data engineering tasks (SQL Server in particular)
- Quantitative background – a degree/MSc in computer science, mathematics or engineering
- Fluency in English
- Experience with data analysis languages (MATLAB/Python)
- Exposure to non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Knowledge of Scala
- GUI development experience