London,, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are currently working with a Fund manager looking for a junior developer .
The role has been created to expand the existing in-house development capabilities and is expected to partner with existing developers and report to the Director (Development) based in London. In addition to ongoing Software Development, the role will also require occasional Desktop support to users in London from time to time as directed by the Infrastructure team located in Moscow. This position will periodically require travel for short periods to New York, and Moscow. Demonstrable skills will be required during the interview process. Though not critical, the right candidate will have prior experience in the financial services or asset management industry. The role will encounter various common operational aspects of the industry such as Accounting, OMS implementation or upgrade experience (focusing on front to back trade flow).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A genuine passion for technology.
- Thrive in a challenging dynamic environment.
- Enjoy creative bandwidth to solve the most complex problems and the meaningful impact your solutions will bring to the organisation
- Have previous experience in ASP.NET Core Development (2 years).
- Enjoy web development in general with ASP.NET MVC/Core and C#.
- Skills in Unit Testing, SQL Server, SOLID principles, RESTful, OOP, design patterns and nlayered architectures.
- Essential Skills: Technologies used but not limited to:
- .NET Core C# (~2 years);
- Proficiency with browser base debugging and performance testing.
- Understanding of progressive web apps
- TypeScript; Unit testing, Integration testing;
- Entity Framework;
- SQL Server;
- Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD platforms (TeamCity etc.)
- TFS; and Technical Writing