London, United Kingdom
Java Developer, energy trading geospatial efficiency company
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, revolutionary analytics technology company focused on the energy trading industry.
As a full stack Java Developer, you will be responsible for development of the platform which engages in large scale geo-spatial data processing and machine learning models. This role will require strong coding skills as well as outstanding experience and talent in building real-time production data systems.
You will work closely with the product owner, data engineers, front end developers as well as data scientists to define and implement a superior architecture through a highly iterative, evolutionary approach.
- hands-on experience with data tools, preferably incorporating multiple real-time, complex streaming data sources
- Ability to take on and assimilate new ideas, assess the technology landscape and identify useful solutions, a creative thinker and team worker
- Experience of building large scale geo-spatial data processing systems
- Strong experience integrating external APIs and a large number of data sources
- Ability to produce clean, modular, unit-tested code accompanied with solid understanding of design patterns
- Excellent understanding of best engineering practices to building human-fault-tolerant deterministic data pipelines, handling and logging errors, monitoring, continuous integration, automated deployment, managing databases and maintaining data cleaning.
- Solid experience using Linux, Java, SQL, ElasticSearch and AWS. Bonus areas are R, Scala, Kafka, Docker, Hadoop and Spark.