London, United Kingdom
Java Developer, DMA trading platform development, leading securities exchange.
Java Software Development within our Direct Market Access (DMA) trading platform. Secondary support of systems. Use of standard Agile development lifecycle (Analysis, Design, Unit Testing, and Release of code). Liaison with external trading counterparties, internal traders, developers and other personnel. (Senior Developer) Taking ownership of technical projects, from requirements gathering through to successful operation in Production. (Senior Developer) Technically mentoring other members of the development team.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3 years Java development experience (minimum 6 years for Senior Developer).
- Strong Multi-threading / concurrent programming. Excellent attention to detail.
- Friendly manner, and excellent communication skills. Ability to form strong working relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience of large, complex software systems, especially distributed systems requiring high throughput.
- Some finance knowledge/experience, especially electronic trading, smart order routing, FIX protocol.
- Spring framework
- JMS, XML, JMX