Bath, United Kingdom
TITLE: Java Developer – Contractor
DURATION: Full time
PAY RANGE: £350 - £400
Who they we?
Our client provide bespoke software solutions for a range of organisations from the UK Ministry of Defence to other government bodies and commercial companies.
They pride ourselves in delivering innovative software solutions, immersive training applications and insightful big data analytics across a range of markets. They deliver these capabilities through our expert team who build strong and lasting relationships with thier customers.
Why work with us?
Working at this client is a challenging yet rewarding experience. Working in an agile environment allows the team to have the flexibility that they need to deliver the best solutions using the most exciting technology.
They love technology and R&D, and part of their approach to innovation is to play with the most amazing and exciting kit; their aim is to embrace and exploit the newest and most powerful technologies. They also know how to have fun and actively encourage team lunches, hackathons and the odd game of quick cricket.
A few of their favourite things…
- A happy team
- Cool technology
What they're looking for…
- Experience in development of Java-based applications
- Strong SQL/NoSQL skills
- A solid understanding of user interaction and the importance of suitable interface design
- Proven experience of requirements gathering , system architecting and software design specifications
- Experience of writing high quality written reports for customers including the documentation of requirements, user interface specifications , proposals or supporting the writing of bids
- The ability to work as part of a team , taking instruction from other senior and principal developers, developing to existing specifications or requirements under the direction of the Project Manager