London, United Kingdom
What is the job’s core purpose?
- Write secure and maintainable code
- Fix any errors that appear in a timely manner
- Update the product with new high-quality functionality
- Help Customer Support with any queries that need developer knowledge
- Mentor other members of the team
- Advance the technical architecture of the product
What constitutes success in this role?
- Security is thought about through whole SDLC; implementation shows security has been designed in
- Code is clean and consistent, following style guidelines and development team norms
- New features are high quality from a user’s point of view (in terms of aesthetics, usability and functionality)
- System runs smoothly, in a performant, highly available manner
- Actively participates in planning and design - understands the intent of work undertaken and knows how that translates to code and system changes, so doesn’t need everything spelled out
- Provides realistic estimates during planning stages, and completes development work in appropriate timeframe
- Escalates any issues loudly and early - there should be no surprises for anyone re. timescales, architecture, implementation, etc.
- Works well with other members of the development team - ideas, explanations and objections should be clearly thought through and presented in appropriate ways
- Works well with other teams, especially the Customer Success and Sales teams