ITSM Service Design Manager - 6 month Inside IR35 Contract - £500/550pd
Our client a leading exchange is urgently searching for a ITSM Service Design Manager on an initial 6 month contract to manage and govern the Service Design and Introduction Process for their organisation. The idea candidate will also have knowledge and practical experience managing service transition in a complex IT environment.
In this role your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To manage and govern the Service Design and Introduction Process.
- Be the lead aligned to a significant programme standing up the new services, evaluating the service capability, security, risk, and cost profiles before the new services are released.
- Contribute transition plan requirements into the overall programme plan, ensuring they are comprehensive, viable, clear, and deliver a joined-up approach to service transfer.
- Ensure all documentation, operational agreements/contracts, processes & tools required for effective operational management are in place before go-live or, where incomplete, the operational risk is understood and clearly articulated and accepted.
- Define acceptance criteria for transition deliverables in line with Service Acceptance and Service Readiness Requirements, including the test and sign-off of requirements.
- Ensure the Service Design is mapped with consideration to existing Service Models to determine any gaps and changes/additions which may be required.
- Ensure the programme has communicated for awareness and process enablement, ensuring all areas of the business are aware and trained to a sufficient degree to ensure process compliance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Ensure appropriate Early Life Support and Warranty Exit Criteria are documented and signed off, including the supporting governance and assurance framework.
Essential Skills and experience:
- Experience of managing service transition in a complex IT environment
- Experience of transitioning large-scale projects covering multiple internal teams and vendors, from project initiation, through live run operations and warranty
- Experience in designing, implementing and continually improving operational processes within the ITIL framework
- Working knowledge of ITIL/Service Management Best Practice.
- Communication & relationship skills at gaining consensus and fostering collaboration.
- ITIL V3 Foundation qualification
If this contract role sounds of interest please send your CV immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Apply for this job