IT Support Engineer - 1st/2nd Line - INSIDE IR35 - 6 Month Contract £200pd - £225pd
Our client a leading brokerage is urgently searching for a IT Support Engineer on an initial 6 month contract to provide efficient 1st and 2nd Line IT support to the London office desktop working in their user support team.
This position offers a great opportunity to own the critical user support function, develop new solutions, improve current systems and push the quality of the user experience forward as part of a dynamic team who embrace Agile and DevOps principles.
In this role your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support all functions of the business and be accountable for standards and timeliness of support query resolution through personal endeavour.
- Accurately record and provide fast response support to queries, escalating where required but retaining ownership of issues
- Perform troubleshooting and issue resolution activity in both end-user and back-end environments, including installing and updating hardware and software.
- Scheduling of preventative maintenance, including workstations, telephones and printers. Deploying software, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security updates.
- Maintain systems critical to user support and service delivery, such as the helpdesk system, the hardware inventory, and all necessary support procedures.
- Liaise with external IT support partners to ensure maximum system availability, reliability, stability, and efficient user support.
- Create and maintain all user documentation and user communications.
- Undertake project work over the long term, assisting with the rollout of a new remote-working solution
Essential Skills and experience:
The successful candidate should have strong end user support experience in the majority of the following technologies:
- Windows desktop/laptop environments, Windows 7-10, computer imaging
- Microsoft Office 2010-2016, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Endpoint and email security, anti-virus, anti-spam technologies
- IP telephony, IP video conferencing, AV systems
- Mobile smartphone telephony, mobile device management, iOS
- Windows Domain, Active Directory and Exchange account management
- Networked peripherals, printers and scanners
If this contract role sounds of interest please apply or send your CV immediately to email@example.com to be considered.