New York, United States
Harrington Starr has partnered with a leading financial technology company within London, where they are currently looking for a technical software support engineer, to maintain and support their platform.
You will ideally come from a software and infrastructure background working within a DevOps environment. You will be AWS certified, with solid Python experience. You will also have excellent customer service skills and empathy for clients’ needs.
You will learn new technologies as well as building on your current experiences. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a mix of financial developers, DevOps and infrastructure engineers, and application developers to provide front line support to our clients and staff. In this role, you will work directly with the teams to triage and analyze technical issues logged into our ticketing system.
- Collect and triage production support incident tickets and follow documented standard operating procedures
- Maintain and create support documentation and knowledgebase
- Own production support issues and collaborate with support engineers to resolve issues within designated SLAs
- Provide regular updates to internal and external stakeholders on outstanding issues
- Interact directly as needed with clients and stakeholders
- Provide daily and weekly issue reports
- Be an active participant at production support meetings
- Monitor environment logs for errors and troubleshoot accordingly
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Infrastructure Engineering
- A relevant Information Technology qualification such as Microsoft certifications or AWS certifications
- Proven hands-on experience with Linux servers (Ubuntu/RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiarity with cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Exposure to DevOps tools such as Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and configuration management
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to coding/scripting or automating manual tasks
- Essential Criteria
- Desire to learn other programming languages to help support the environment
- A degree or active pursuance of a degree in a relevant STEM field
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and empathy for clients’ needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with test-driven code development and SCM tools such as Git
- Experience with and interest in financial markets
- Experience with SecDB/Athena/Quartz
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
This is a rare opportunity to work for a leading financial technology company who is currently growing. Joining currently means huge scope to build out a team or progress into different parts of the business. If you are looking for a new challenge, progression and working in a fast-paced environment using the latest technologies then please apply now. For immediate enquiries please contact Jake Browne at Harrington Starr.