Basingstoke, United Kingdom
- Works with colleagues to review the operation and effectiveness of resourcing programs within the organisation and contributes ideas for changes and improvements as appropriate.
- May serve in a Scrum or Kanban Master role.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Reinforces agile values by focusing on the highest business value items.
- Ensure the continued protection of client information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Embed and contribute to the Conduct Risk Framework, wider Solvency II systems of governance principles, Treating Customers Fairly requirements and the Risk Management Framework as it applies to the role and divisional activities and drive improvements as required.
- Comply with clients Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Bachelors degree in computer science preferred, or relevant technical experience
- Strong experience in an IT field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Software development or technology background with strong knowledge of relevant technical disciplines
- Demonstrates understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities
- Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encouraging others to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be proactive and resourceful
- Able to effectively coach and mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Proficient in methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants
- Displays good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to customers in their own language
- Demonstrates the ability to champion change and support teams through change
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically, challenge conventional thinking, and generate and apply unique business insight to create a competitive advantage for the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.