London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are working in partnership with a hugely successful accounting firm as they look for an Internal Auditor to join their growing London team.
The Auditor’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, execute, and report on audits of sales, trading and support groups
- Identify and assess areas of critical and high risks and evaluate the soundness of their controls as part of audits, continuous monitoring and closure verification work
- Drive discussions with senior business stakeholders to understand risk drivers, control state, and impact in order to formulate a point of view of the control environment
- Define audit scope, design control testing steps to evaluate the adequacy of the control designs and operating effectiveness as well as provide guidance to junior staff in performing testing and closure verification of Issues and action plan
- Prepare formal audit conclusion such as audit reports and management action plan.
- Proactively monitor and address key metrics associated with audit plans, resources and issues and actions
- Assist in the messaging of risks and controls in the quarterly pack to senior management
- Manage and mentor junior staff
- Good understanding of the operation of financial markets and of the main financial instruments and strategies,
- Ability to manage work assignments to deadlines, while multi-tasking
- Good analytical skills, showing ability to assess risks and controls
- Understands business drivers specific to the Institutional line of business
- Leverages business knowledge to effectively identify risks and business impact to formulate a viewpoint
- Demonstrates critical thinking
- Able to identify regulatory risks and impact to the business line
- Able to analyse trends and identify areas of further diagnosis
- Communicates with impact, able to state risk and issues concisely and articulates impact in a structured manner
- Actively listens and asks probing questions to further dialogue
- Effectively adjusts communication style to suit the needs of different audiences and situations
- Good communication skills, showing ability to write reports and summaries of work performed effectively
- Identifies relevant information and shares appropriately with wide range of team members
- 8+ years audit experience, primarily in accounting or financial markets
- Understanding on funding and liquidity risk associated with sales financing.
- Good understanding of impact of counterparty risk associated with derivative transactions.
- Preferably CPA, CIA or other accounting qualification
- Preferably CFA, FRM or other financial/risk qualification
To apply for the fantastic Auditor position please contact Barry Ansell - Barry.Ansell@HarringtonStarr.com