London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Capital Markets firm who urgently require an Infrastructure Project Manager for a large Data Centre migration project to the Cloud. The main part of this project will be extracting the data from the Data Centres utilising a number of 3rd party suppliers before migrating to Azure.
- Working closely with Technical architect to ensure the correct execution for the migration from the Data Centre
- Reporting costs against budget to senior stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate business and other senior stakeholders are kept well informed of project progress, risks and issues.
- Reporting costs against budget to Project stakeholders
The successful candidate WILL have experience:
- As an Infrastructure Project Manager in Delivery based projects
- In Financial Services working as a Project Manager
- Extensive experience working with Data Centres
- Experience on Migrating to the Cloud
- Experience working with Azure, or to a lesser extent also AWS
- Working in high-pressured business critical infrastructure projects
The successful candidate MAY also have:
- Relevant professional qualifications in IT to manage IT Infrastructure projects Technology/Computing or relevant Microsoft/CISCO certifications)
- Up-to-date knowledge of project management frameworks and best practice (e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or PMI PMP with the ability to tailor the methodology to the project and organisation) as well as a management level overview of the latest infrastructure trends and technologies