Middx, United Kingdom
Infrastructure Manager (hands-on)
Salary - £60,000
Purpose and Scope of Position/Key Responsibilities
The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for managing a team that looks after 100s of servers and network devices located in onsite data centres as well as in client sites.
- Ability to support multiple infrastructure platforms including Windows and Linux.
- Work closely with the Service Desk and other teams to ensure the smooth delivery of client projects as well as work as an escalation path for issues.
- Track incidents, changes, and problems to provide insights, trends, and drive optimisation.
- Monitor tickets to identify impacted infrastructure that require follow-up analysis.
- Develop and review KPI's for the infrastructure team.
- Drive efforts to improve overall infrastructure stability and availability.
- Drive resolution of high-severity outages impacting IT infrastructure. Provide problem resolution for highly complex issues.
- Support the company ISO certification programme.
- Participate and drive the development of our own and client infrastructure.
- Manage priorities, projects, schedules, resources, issues and risks effectively.
- You will be part of the 24x7 on call rota supporting both Linux and Windows environments for our key clients.
- Management of the OnApp private cloud infrastructure
- Windows server administration including Active Directory administration and configuration
- VMware server management
- Infrastructure security
- Linux Servers Administration and Configuration
- Firewalls Administration (Cisco ASA)
- Switch Administration (Juniper)
- Content Delivery Networks
- Web Application Firewalls
- Data centre management
- Excellent team management with the ability to motivate and drive the team forward.
- The ability to act as a mentor to the technical team both technically and for their ongoing professional development.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- A pragmatic and logical thinker.
- Ability to investigate and recommend new solutions for senior management to consider
- Good presentation/explaining skills to articulate solutions.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work using their own initiative to overcome operational and project challenges.
- The ability to work across team functions building relationships inside and outside the business.
- Must be able to set measurable and challenging objectives for the team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing a technical team
- Strong experience with major infrastructure components such as Servers, Storage, Networking, Databases
- Hands on experience with public and private cloud infrastructures.
- Experience managing hybrid computing environments comprising physical servers, virtual servers, storage etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server
- In-depth knowledge of Linux
- Good knowledge of security, cybersecurity and firewalls
- In-depth knowledge of Office 365
- In-depth knowledge of Exchange, email, DNS, MX and transport protocols
- Good knowledge of networking
- Experience of working with AWS
- Knowledge of data centres
- Experience of managing projects on time and within budget
- Operations experience, including capacity planning and forecasting, risk management, incident response and recovery, and business continuity.
- Driving license
- Ability to work under pressure during critical client incidents
- Ability to understand the urgency of critical issues and delivering projects on time and on budget
- Ability to work with management at all levels and take on board constructive feedback
- Extremely detail orientated and accurate with great attention to detail in everything undertaken
- Excellent communication skills, good with English (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills/articulate
- Excellent customer services skills
- Presentable, professional, punctual and demonstrate good work ethics
- Following and executing company policies and objectives
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Solutions orientated can demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot/problem solve
For immediate consideration please send your CV to Richard.RobertsJones@thenorthstarr.com