London, United Kingdom
Here at Harrington Starr we are currently working with a leading Brokerage to help recruit an Incident Manager to there already expanding team.
As the Incident Manager you will need to quickly determine the severity of the issue with regard to business impact and technical complexity, with this in mind will need to assess who needs to be involved and ensure all appropriate groups are working on resolving the outage in a timely manner. If necessary notify, escalate and communicate to senior management.
- Prioritise incidents to ensure issues are dealt with in the correct order.
- Maintain accurate & up to date records of Incident Management processes and activities at all times. Seek improvements to ensure that lessons are learnt from incidents and that any work required to prevent a future reoccurrence.
- Manage and ensure that the relevant IT Teams have performed the proper root cause analysis, documented the workarounds and known errors, the issue has been resolved and the appropriate processes were followed
- Functions as subject matter expert in root cause analysis methodologies and issue resolution
- The current team is responsible for the IT Change Process and the job holder will be involved in activities such as organising, coordinating and communicating changes. You will also need to participate in the Change Advisory Board meetings and ensure changes are raised and approved correctly.
Who you’ll be
- Ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple tasks and activities
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate cross-group collaboration and organisation skills
- Ability to achieve results under tight deadlines
- Acting as the final escalation point for stakeholders
- Coaching teams on how to apply industry best practices during Major Incidents
- Management of other vendors and partners that may need to be engaged
- Eager to learn and quick to learn
- Interest in financial products
- Ability to lead technical conversations with various technical support groups
- Experience of creating, improving and delivering process
- Effective trouble shooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex and technical projects.
- Experience of data analysis and trending with ability to identify improvements and actions
Please contact James.Platt@harringtonstarr.com for more information