Head of QA – Automation
City – London
Here at Harrington Starr we are working with a leading financial institution who are looking for a Head of QA. who is highly motivated, confident and possess strong communication and collaboration skills. You will be working closely with product owners, project managers and developers to assist in building and maintaining automated testing solutions where necessary. You will ensure the quality of both the product as well as the test framework as it evolves.
As the Head of QA you will be co-ordinating the testing activities whilst managing the test process and all the strategy for the business unit. You will also analyse all the all the key areas for utilising automation in key development areas also looking after the functional and non-functional testing areas.
Required knowledge and experience needed.
- Functional testing using selenium webdriver
- Excellent API Testing
- Functional testing of web services using SOAPUI/ Postman
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Strong command line knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented programming languages such as JAVA
- Excellent knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience of designing acceptance test criteria for functional requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of automated test scripting and processes.
- Strong knowledge of current commercial and open source testing tools
- Experience of managing a test team in a fast paced environment
- Experience writing and maintaining automated test frameworks ideally using Selenium or similar testing tools
- Experience working in agile teams
- Testing frameworks, Selenium, SOAP UI, Gatling, JMETER
- Solid understanding of how to manufacture and manage test data
- Familiarity with development build environments (e.g. Maven, Git, Bamboo).
- Understanding of both black box and white box test approaches.
- Performance testing (load, soak and stress) using Gatling or JMETER
- Fixed Income or similar FS experience
- FIX protocol testing using VeriFIX or similar tools.
- Knowledge or exposure to:
If you would like to find out more please contact James Platt at Harrington Starr