London, United Kingdom
Liquid error: internal
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small dynamic team with a start-up mindset in an established hedge fund. We are looking for a keen developer to who wants to help drive and shape the future technology direction and contribute to the success of the company as a whole. You’ll be a self-starter with a passion for technology, who enjoys working in a true agile environment and who wants to actively contribute and move the company’s technology stack forward on a daily basis.
About the Team:
They are responsible for the development of in-house and third-party systems used to book, manage, value and calculate risk and PnL for the trades of 2 trading desks; a systematic model-based desk and a discretionary macro desk, across a range of fixed income and FX assets.
The ideal candidate will.
- Have strong SQL Server skills; be able to read and debug stored procedures.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience at the architectural level – able to make sound technology choices and contribute to discussions around development process.
- Be pragmatic and flexible in their approach.
- Be an analytical and logical problem solver.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be genuinely interested in the challenges of working in a dynamic trading environment.
- Knowledge of fixed income products and associated vanilla derivatives.
- An understanding of the business processes within the front and middle office of a trading operation.
- Any experience with a commercial Position Keeping and Risk system would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of JS frameworks.
- DevOps - knowledge of containers, CI and CD.
- UI design skills.