£500 - £550 per day
A city based Fund has an opening for a contract Lead Java Developer in the FX technology team, to sit on their front office trading platform.
The team is responsible for a whole suite of applications within the front office that form the core of the FX business, servicing clients, internal Sales, and other branches of the group. The suite includes connectivity to markets and multi-dealer venues, single dealer platform, pricing and trader tools, and supports FX spot, forward, options and deposits. The services are implemented in C# and Java with C# front-ends.
The FX business is looking to improve their electronic footprint through implementing low latency, competitive pricing and algorithmic hedging, and improved distribution capabilities. The approach is a combination of building and buying in where there is no competitive advantage of building.
As the technical team lead in the eFX IT team you will be responsible for the effective delivery of a number of bespoke developments and integration projects. Your core attributes will include:
* Proven experience of leading small technical teams in the FX or eFX domain
* A developer background, with the ability to stay hands on or delegate where required
* Specific demonstrable skills in the following areas:
* Java development experiance
* Development and debugging of multi-threaded and low latency systems
- Must have strong .Net GUi Knowledge as well.
* Performance profiling and optimisation
* Unit testing and mocking frameworks (NUnit, TypeMock Isolator, Moq, or equivalents)
* MS SQL server/T-SQL
* Strong software engineering skills: designing, building, unit-testing and supporting front office electronic trading systems (e.g. price engines)
* A drive for continuous improvement of software and tooling as well as team organisation and process
* Experience in agile practices
* Energetic self-driven individual, comfortable to work autonomously, in collaboration with individuals in the team, business stakeholders and other teams