Full Stack Engineer – blockchain technology
London / remote
A scale-up technology firm are looking to expand by bringing on a new member to form a vital part of the engineering team in the effort to ramp up from proof-of-concept to production.
As a new joiner, you will play a vital role in helping to build and scaling a decentralised identity solution, taking part in key technical and design decisions and holding a large responsibility for implementing both server-side, front-end and smart contract-based elements of our infrastructure.
Working with blockchain technology, you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable skills for the future economy alongside a seasoned team of technologists and entrepreneurs. Although an advantage, you are not expected to have prior experience working with Corda or other distributed ledger technologies, as you will be able to pick this up while you are here with help from the rest of the team.
This firm are looking for an engineer with a passion for learning and self-improvement and a keen interest in the promise of decentralised technologies. The candidate should value the importance of collaboration, but also bring the experience and confidence in their abilities to turn requirements into well tested and documented code they would be happy to push to production.
- Support the tech lead and engineering team in breaking down business needs into technical requirements.
- Develop front-end and back-end services using a TDD approach to meet technical requirements.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Maintain thorough documentation throughout the codebase.
- Provide valuable input to discussions around industry trends, product direction and technical solutions.
- Well versed in solid software engineering practices, including object-oriented and functional methodologies, data structures, algorithms, networking, distributed systems and relational/non-relational databases.
- Working knowledge of at least one modern object-oriented programming language and one scripting language.
- Ability to turn loose requirements into well-tested and documented code, through proactive research, iterative improvements, and team collaboration.
- Three years professional experience working as part of an engineering team with a track record of delivering well-tested code of good quality.
Please contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr for full details.