Work for a leading Asset Management firm who all have the belief that bringing strategic likeminded individuals together, they will create something magical.
This specific team is responsible for a strategic in-house developed platform, upon which their internal users base their Investment decisions. This modern stack platform is developed in an Agile manner, using rapid software engineering practices to continuously deliver value to their business. It is still considered a greenfield build.
Requirements Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Work with engineering leads and product owners to formulate the content for the next development sprint.
- Requirement gathering, communicating with stakeholders and documenting findings as user stories.
- Work in a rapid, proof-of-concept style to engage stakeholders and adopt a fail-fast approach to enable timely, quality deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with others for development, design and review.
- Degree educated in mathematics, computing or engineering.
- 5+ years working with object orientated programming languages
- Willingness to cross train in Python programming or have some experience of Python.
- Knowledge of the asset management world and front office processes, in particular portfolio risk and performance & portfolio construction and management would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience working with RESTFul APIs as well as knowledge of micro-services architecture.
- Experience implementing automated test-driven development.
- Experience designing and working with a variety of database technology such as SQL, NoSQL, and Data Lakes would be advantageous.
Flexible working within London plus full home set-up.
Contact Ciara Clarke at Harrington Starr for a confidential discussion on this role.