The BA will join the Development team based in London working on projects for a portfolio of clients which include Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Proprietary Trading Firms and the major Exchanges globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Part of a team that will help architect the growth of our client’s high availability, low-latency trading platforms and exchange connectivity network across multiple global regions.
- Involved in any phase of the project lifecycle from initiation to closure
- Gathering and analysing requirements
- Contribute to the resolution of issues and projects.
- Keep abreast of current /future regulatory requirements and exchange changes that are relevant to trading environments (MIFID2 etc)
- Complying with internal processes.
- Ability to run with multiple tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment, and prioritise as required.
- Experience with low latency / high throughput / high availability / distributed trading platforms.
- Client-facing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Equities and their execution
- 5+ years’ experience of working with Exchange Native Protocols including FIX
- Knowledge of Java, C, C++ required
- Knowledge of FPGA strongly desired
- Experience of Agile development and digital transformation
- Produce quality requirements documents; can construct basic process models, interpret and construct basic data models. Has awareness and basic understanding of Business Process Improvements and its benefits.
- Understanding of Project Lifecycle, Project Definition, scoping principles, the roles of different stakeholders in this environment and the importance of the BA role at each stage
- Can elicit requirements using a range of elicitation techniques including stakeholder interviews, workshops, use cases and document analysis in order to understand current processes and gather new requirements. Can Identify both functional and non-functional requirements, elicit, document and prioritise high level and detailed requirements.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions. Is responsible for the analysis of stakeholder objectives and works iteratively with stakeholder to identify potential benefits and available options and develop business cases
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity. Contributes to the selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements. Manages requests for and the application of changes to baseline requirements
- Identifies and engages with users/ stakeholders, defines relevant characteristics and describes user goals and tasks. Describes the environment within which the system will be used. Identifies communication needs of stakeholder groups in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Facilitates discussion between stakeholders and negotiates with stakeholders