London, United Kingdom
Endur Technical Business Analyst – AVS/JVS
Harrington Starr are urgently recruiting on behalf of an Energy Trading client based in London who are searching for an Endur Technical SME/Business Analyst who has comprehensive knowledge and experience working with a Commodities Trading business to join a high-performing Trading Technology team tasked with delivering Endur solutions.
In this role you will be working closely with the business so the ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of European Power and Gas Trading products combined with solid technical skills not just with SQL, but in particularly knowledge around AVS and JVS scripting, aswell as an understanding of Application development.
Our client is a renowned Energy Trader, looking to on-board the skills of a highly experienced Energy Trading Technical Business Analyst to contribute towards ongoing efforts in the Gas & Power trading domain.
In this role as a Power & Gas Subject Matter Expert/Business Analyst your duties will include but are not limited to:
- The identification and definition of the business needs of Gas & Power Trading business
- To implement processes and IT solutions to meet their business needs or resolve their business problems.
- Understand Gas & Power Trading, Gas & Power Operations business strategies, business processes and business value drivers in order to align IT solutions with business value with a focus on Gas Operations.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements. Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
- Take responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions
- Matches business requirements with Trading IT solutions.
- Utilises business knowledge and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities, to produce fit for purpose solutions
- Plans and schedules meetings, workshops, and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work.
- During project assignments assists clients/users in defining requirements, acceptance tests for automated systems, and takes responsibility for their proper execution.
- Look for opportunities to innovate new solutions to increase business value and reduce IT costs
In the role, you will be expected to be able to offer
- In depth knowledge of the Power & Gas markets, including complex deals & the ability to face off to both origination & trading.
- You will be working with other Business Analysts in translating origination requirements into information systems requirements.
- You must offer significant & current knowledge within the Power/Gas trading domain & also related information systems.
- Knowledge of Long-term gas agreements, power purchase agreements, power optimisation, gas assets, power plant operations
- Application Development Background
- Strong Endur Scripting experience AVS and JVS