London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services technology company.
Our client, is looking to hire an End User Support Analyst. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of End User Support and will be involved in the overall management of the desktop environment.
The role will be based in their offices in the City of London and they are looking for an initial 6 month rolling contract to come in and be responsible for maintaining desktops within the organisation as well as deployment, issuing and management of Operating Systems.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the desktop environment.
- Management of Microsoft SCCM infrastructure.
- Management desktop build process and images.
- Responsible for successful deployment and upgrades of desktops.
- Application packaging and deployment.
- Ensure proper patch management processes are being followed and all desktops are patched on a regular basis.
- Management of APPV infrastructure.
- Management of Symantec SEP infrastructure.
- Management of UEV infrastructure and configurations.
- Management of group policy settings and distribution.
- Utilise automation and scripting to provide efficient methods of managing the desktop estate.
- Act as the escalation point for all desktop related issues.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of application issues.
- Perform root cause analysis for issues involving the desktop environment.
- Expert knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems.
- Active Directory, Group Policies, Folder Redirection.
- SCCM 2012 – application lifecycle management, software updates, reporting. client health management.
- Operating system deployment w/ Microsoft Deployment Toolkit integration. Knowledge of task sequence methodologies.
- App-V 5.0 and MSI packaging.
- User Experience Virtualisation (UEV)/MDT/MDOP.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with Antivirus, Spyware and Firewall applications.
- In depth knowledge of Desktop and laptop hardware.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Internetworking Technology.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of various Operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Apple).
- Relevant industry certifications may include Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or individual Microsoft specialist training such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook or ITSM products.