Harrington Starr is partnering with a leading Data company within the finance space who are seeking an Elastic Stack SME to join their data services team in London.
Successful candidates would be able to demonstrate experience setting up Elastic Stack environments around 40+ nodes, 5TB+ daily ingestion and 100+ users. Design and implementation experience is essential.
Create Elastic Stack clusters following best practices, performance tuning and all other recommendations for log aggregation use cases in open source environment (with X-pack basic license only). Review and possibly redesign ingestion pipeline architecture. Help with developing logging standards among whole infrastructure. Migrate Splunk knowledge objects (dashboard, visualizations/alerts/reports) to Elastic environment. Meet HA requirements using clustering and replication technologies. Develop monitoring systems for availability, performance and capacity. Secure systems according to company policy and policing data access through the platform. Meet compliance requirements for protecting sensitive data in the data platforms. Creation of documentation for platform components and procedures. Training and development using the data platforms. Elastic index lifecycle management.
- An offer addressed to an experienced Elastic Stack admin/architect who has also fluency in creation of visualizations and dashboards.
- Deployed Elastic environment of 40+ nodes, 3TB+ daily ingestion, 100+ users.
- Created variety of different Kibana dashboards and visualizations.
- Architected data ingestion pipelines in that environment
- Developed logging standards
- Worked with open source plugins.
- Experience in Elastic Stack 6.x
- Splunk – app deployment, dashboards/searches creation
- Performed Splunk->Elastic migration in past
- In depth knowledge of Elastic stack on architecture level.
- Fluency in DSL query.
- Advanced knowledge of Logstash filters.
- Advanced knowledge of Kibana feature set and its use cases including new features like Canvas.
- Overview of Elastic open source plugins and its possibilities.
- Demonstrable problem-solving techniques and creative thinking.
- Scripting with Python and Bash.
- Team player with strong ability to solve problems.
- Deployment with automation tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deep understanding of Linux systems.
- Ability to automate tasks using tools like puppet and custom written scripts (python, bash preferred).
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Java based applications.
- Basic software development with Java, Python.
- Development tools such as Subversion, Git.
- Knowledge and experience with LDAP & AD authentication integration.
- Analytical, statistical and mathematical competencies.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one system monitoring and reporting tool such as OpenView, Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Munin etc.
- Solid understanding of network principles and tools.
- Proven ability and aptitude to learn and implement new and appropriate open source technologies.