London, United Kingdom
Director - Risk Technology
An established global intelligence business and innovative technology provider is currently seeking a Director to join a global and high performing team within the Risk Technology division of the organisation, and to support the technical development for the strategic risk products, and articulate technical and non-technical information effectively to the broader enterprise.
The Director must demonstrate an innovative and customer focussed mindset, as the successful applicant will be responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Content Risk Technology in collaboration with the Product Management and Development teams within Risk.
Experience and responsibilities:
- Implement and contribute to the strategy for the risk platform and provide strong technology support to ensure successful development, execution and deployment globally.
- Tasked with the creation and prioritisation of all technology requirements supporting the defined proposition plan;
- Provide oversight of technology-specific requirement specification (PRS) – inclusive of detailed end-user workflow and commitments;
- Sponsor product fixes, enhancements, and upgrades through frequent contact with technology teams and relevant business units;
- Assist in defining, and execute the delivery of the Next Generation Platform;
- Support the reduction in cost of existing infrastructure, maintenance and enhancements through simplification, leveraging of central systems and embracing new technologies and automation;
- Transform technology development agility and time to market; shut down legacy infrastructures and migrate customers to strategic platform;
- Anticipate and identify threats and opportunities, create innovative strategies, and understand the impacts and consequences of any technical changes;
- Partner with the Architecture Team within Finance & Risk to ensure technology design fits with existing product architecture and future technology strategy;
- Partner with Operations and Network teams to create a long term strategy to incorporate new standards for hardware, shared infrastructure and third party software components;
- Allocate resources aligned with business priorities and identify solutions for the optimal utilisation of resources;
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc.;
- People management, and build talent.
Skills and attributes:
- Commitment to the creation and delivery of platforms to support risk technology;
- Computer Science or related degree (an advance technical and/or business degree preferred), or equivalent work experience;
- Strong problem solving skills, and financial and business acumen;
- Understands criticality of service provision to the customer, takes proactive preventative steps, and responds immediately and with urgency to service issues;
- Drive accountability and makes timely decisions and tough calls on enterprise issues and opportunities;
- Innovation: maintain an innovative mindset whilst operating with a set of defined internal and external communication processes;
- Challenge teams to achieve continuous improvement around process, development methodologies, quality assurance automation and coverage and overall efficiency supported by the appropriate metrics;
- Customer centric: foster a culture of innovation, promote a customer awareness culture within the team, and encourage staff to think differently in finding solutions to delight customers;
- Delivery: ability to understand the business and practices of a global organisation and to deliver to demands in an agile way that meets customer demands.
- Collaborative: proven ability to quickly establish trust and credibility; identify key stakeholders and experience working with virtual teams from different functions/regions;
- Communication: ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists to translate the vision/strategy into clear priorities and direction.