New York, United States
Responsible for the day-to-day technical operations of the Network Engineering department, including staff management by providing guidance to ensure that the Network Engineering staff understand and execute all functions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Network Engineering function.
- Responsible for Network and Security Management, emergency response, design and deployment of new technology and processes that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements, administration and development of network and voice usage policies and standards, proactive management of security and network systems that protect corporate data.
- Implement, manage and evaluate Network Engineering operation processes and procedures, in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization.
- Maintain progress, able to balance task completion, track progress and drive assignments to completion while communicates status and issues with the Chief Technology Officer.
- Maintain staff by:
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training Employees;
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment;
- Developing personal growth opportunities.
- Provide leadership for Employee relations through:
- Effective communication of job expectations;
- Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Coaching, training, counseling, and disciplining employees;
- Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establish strategic goals by:
- Gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information;
- Identifying and evaluate trends and options;
- Choosing a course of action;
- Defining objectives;
- Evaluating outcomes.
- Review monthly departmental revenue providing recommendations to maximize ROI whenever possible; monitor future departmental impact and needs based on predetermined metrics.
- Accomplish financial objectives by:
- Forecasting requirements;
- Preparing an annual budget;
- Scheduling expenditures;
- Analyzing variances;
- Initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain quality service by:
- Enforcing quality and Client service standards;
- Analyzing and resolve quality and Client service problems;
- Identifying trends;
- Recommending system improvements.
- Act as Client point of contact for escalated matters and issues which require Management assistance or intervention.
- Perform hands-on technical work on escalated Network Engineering matters; refer major hardware and/or software issues or defective product issues to vendors or department Management for service.
- Contribute to the Network Engineering team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Motivate staff to accomplish important objectives and multiple demands and creates a sense of urgency in all tasks. Hold the Network Engineering team accountable for their deliverables and ensure that projects are delivered by agreed timelines.
- Develop systems and tools for effective task execution.
- Ensure that Network Engineering operational processes stay within agreed upon budgets and timelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the on demand nature of the service industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Company. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with the Company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organization rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Respond quickly and properly to any Company and/or Client emergencies
- Maintain cleanliness in the Network Engineering Department area.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of business and Management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to persuade and passionately communicate with excellent public speaking skills.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals both internally and externally, including VP and C-Level professionals in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Strong workstation and network troubleshooting skills.
- Able to approach problems proactively and communicate solutions to technical and non-technical project shareholders including Management, direct reports, Clients and third-party vendors.
- Able to use logic and deductive reasoning in order to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches.
- Able to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Excellent active listening skills and able to ask relevant questions in order to gather, document and communicate effectively with Direct Reports and Clients alike.
- Able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Knowledge of the Facility and where all safely equipment and certifications are located.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- CCIE preferred
- 10 years of experience working with network and telecommunications technology and asset.
- Thorough practical knowledge and experience using Cisco systems, routing and switching using Cisco hardware and software.
- Advanced work experience with specified hardware and software and variety of network protocols involved in LAN and WAN interfacing, security (ASA, Palo Alto), internet protocols and TCP/IP, and network infrastructure.
- Experience in Telecommunications Facilities including MPLS and DSL.
- Experience with firewalls; Cisco ASA, Cisco NAS, Cisco FWSM, TCP / IP, CISCO Catalyst, Contact Center, wireless networks.
- Experience with VoIP, Network Protocols, IP telephone systems, voice mail systems and gateways.
- Cisco Communication Manager & Unity Messaging.
- Nortel telephone systems (ICS, Option 11c, Option 61c, Option 81, CS1000).
- IP Networking & IP Telephony (IP phones, SIP Trunking, etc.).
- Voice/Data Cabling System Design & Implementation and Various Communications Technologies (T1/T3, DSL, ISDN, VOIP, POTS, Wireless/Cellular Devices & Services, Audio/Video Conferencing Systems, etc.).