New York, United States
Under the direct supervision of the executive team, this position will be responsible for providing overall guidance to support the organization multiple IT infrastructure departments. The Director of Information Technology will research emerging technologies in the current marketplace and review the technology offering with internal team members to evaluate its benefits and whether to recommend the technology solution offering to external clients. This role will also be responsible for the performance of IT departments through KPI evaluations to measure the turnaround time of project completion from effectiveness and efficiency standpoint. The Director of Information Technology will oversee the Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Development, Project Management, Business Analysis, and IT Operations teams.
- Responsible for planning the information technology future in the organization, as well as for the implementation and maintenance of current systems. Experienced in managing development team / efforts
- Identify ongoing technology trends and create technology plans to evolve the company to the next level. Advise executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by encouraging innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Research and review current training plan for new IT employees and ensure effective training are implemented by each department head.
- Review and ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company’s IT infrastructure including networks and systems operations.
- Create and set strategic goals for each IT department head on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Implement KPI metrics that will be the basis for each department overall performance.
- Plan system applications and assign staff members to develop, test and complete programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance effectiveness prior to release with clients.
- Participate in client meetings to ensure the IT solution offering is feasible by evaluating current resources, design, development, timeline and costs.
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure.
- Manage the company's disaster recovery plan and business continuity planning.
- Review overall IT security policies and procedures and update accordingly with appropriate staff members.
- Create high level analysis summary reports to present to C-level executives on the status of various ongoing projects in each department and present ongoing strategies for any improvements to be made.
- Execute and manage IT services based on mutually agreed upon delivery expectations.
- Determine appropriate staffing needs of each department and make recommendation to the
C- Level executives to ensure business needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Promote and oversee communications between internal departments to ensure objectives are met at critical checkpoints in projects.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals both internally and externally, including senior management and C-Level professionals in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent active listening skills; able to ask relevant questions in order to gather, document and communicate effectively with employees and clients alike.
- Able to work on simultaneous projects and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology preferred.
- Technical knowledge and experience in large scale deployments, Windows architecture and systems, VMware, Public/Private Cloud Solution offerings, IT security management is required.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in an information technology management role supervising a staff of 20 to 30 employees.
- Impeccable communication skills (Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills) with executive management.
- Able to adapt to different situations in an ongoing fast paced environment.
- Analytical and detail oriented mindset.
- Open to working additional hours as needed.
- Self-starter who is able to manage projects and executes the tasks being assigned.
- Exhibit a high-level of professionalism and sound judgment.