London, United Kingdom
DevOps Team Lead – Central London – Kubernetes / Chef / Terraform / Powershell / Jenkins
Harrington Starr are working in collaboration with a global financial services who are seeking a DevOps Team Lead who has a passion for Technology to join their company in a new function.
This DevOps Team Lead will be instrumental in working within the organisations engineering group. This role will be responsible for leading, enhancing and supporting new and existing DevOps processes/culture. This will involve hands-on development and working with all members of the technology department including engineering and infrastructure.
The responsibilities for this DevOps Team Lead role are:
- Propose and implement technologies to enhance the platforms offered to the technology department
- Evangelise DevOps to the wider business
- Work with key stakeholders to define the organisations DevOps strategy to support the evolving business and technical environment.
- Mentor and manage the DevOps team
- Maintain the organisations reputation for high-quality service support and delivery.
- Lead the Platform workstream to enhance offerings to the technology departments
- Maintain and enhance existing Chef cookbooks
- Support and improve the Continuous Integration and Delivery systems and their usage in the development and infrastructure teams.
Essential Knowledge needed:
- Kubernetes and Helm application deployments and troubleshooting
- Terraform or other IaC tools for deploying to the cloud
- Agile development practices.
- Using Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible to configure Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Cloud environments such as Azure, AWS
- Configuration and management of Windows Servers
- VCS systems such as Git
- CI systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Github Actions, Circleci
- Ability to mentor staff new to a DevOps culture
- Test Driven Development - Unit testing frameworks, mocking frameworks, and patterns for testability.
- Configuration and management of Linux Servers
- Excellent communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a DevOps Team Lead who is keen to make an impact in an organisation and influence development within an established Financial Services firm in the City of London.
To apply for this role please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02035877007