Role: Devops Engineer
Your job will involve DevOps Primarily DevOps and Networking – configuration of various applications and ensuring they have access to the relevant services.
Would be expected to carry out all aspects of the test lifecycle. This includes:
• Excellent understanding of a variety of build and deploy tools (including Jenkins and TeamCity) and working experience in writing build scripts and tools
• Support complex , multi-stream application test environments
• Working with our business partners and development teams to build out environments as per the requirements.
• Work on environment build, manage configuration activity and enable support environments across technology areas like Web, Cloud based technologies, iOS, Android
• Daily health checks of nonPROD environment and automating these checks
• Act as a buddy to share the learning and deployment practices with production support teams
• Monitoring the environment during business hours and take proactive steps to avoid issues turning into incidents or outages
• Understanding and appreciating the sensitive nature of financial software, and applying relevant principles (least privilege, etc) Support
• Must have an excellent knowledge in coordinating changes to test environments
• Coordinate with different teams (Configuration Management team, DBA’s, Infrastructure teams and Application Development teams). It would be preferable to have good experience within DB and understand who to talk to in order to get things done (e.g. enabling access to a 3rd party docker registry).
• Taking pride in the quality of software delivered for each iteration and release
• Service management/Environment/Incident Management experience Communication • Must be able to co-ordinate with offshore & onsite support team in London
• Must be able to communicate effectively with other development team members, project members, managers, end users and external vendors.
• Must be able to participate in the discussions within the team, communicating any issues that have a project-wide scope to the necessary level
• Must be able to participate in a culture of ‘knowledge sharing’ with the development team • Sharing best practices with other support teams across DB Motivation
• Must be self-motivated, setting a high level of professionalism and excellence. Overall you should be confident, enthusiastic and proactive.