London, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £50,000 plus Shares
North Starr have partnered with a fast growing technology business who are looking to develop a platform for semantic applications across open source technologies. As a DevOps Engineer you will be working with a variety of leading edge technologies to build horizontally scalable architecture on clusters of powerful machines and making use of big data.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be developing the cluster and security infrastructure of what could be one of the fastest UK growing companies in 2017/2018. You will be performing advanced server and network troubleshooting and optimising system performance. As my client is building a platform for the development community you will get the chance to write tutorials and be recognised as a thought leader in DevOps.
As a DevOps Engineer (Cluster, Big Data, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Linux, Hadoop, Python, Shell, Java, NoSQL, AWS, Jenkins, Maven, VMWare, TCP/IP), experience in the following is essential:
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a DevOps engineer in a commercial environment
- Linux experience – administration, monitoring, performance analysis
- Cluster tools: Cassandra, Pig, Hive
- Deployment tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Scripting: Python, Shell, Bash
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Big data platform experience such as Hadoop
- Strong continuous integration experience – Jenkins, Maven etc
This is an immediate need so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and to join a truly exciting business.