London, United Kingdom
DevOps Engineer - City of London - Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Linux, Ansible, Python
A market-leading Exchange based in the City of London is looking to hire a talented DevOps Engineer with a background in automation, orchestration in a DevOps environment. The contract will be an initial 6 months.
The team is currently creating a new trading platform, thus as part of the DevOps team you will be required to collaboratively work with the Engineers to deploy, automate and streamline operations and processes within a number of environments. Given the nature of this project, this role is most suited to a DevOps Engineer with strong experience supporting on premise infrastructure. A key element of your role will be to create the continuous delivery pipeline, ensuring automation is at the core of my client’s infrastructure development. Such duties include establishing and implementing the methods and tools for deployments, writing scripts and incorporating tools for automation, and advising on new technologies and methodologies.
- Recent experience as a DevOps engineer in the finance sector
- Scripting e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Version Control Systems e.g. Bitbucket, GIT
- Configuration Management tools e.g. Ansible (ideally), Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
- Experience working with Linux OS
- Passionate about everything automation!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with various technical teams
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes