DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in Windows/Linux/Unix Administration in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models.
- Deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise applications into Azure and AWS.
- Excellent understanding ‘Infrastructure as Code’ technologies.
- Excellent understanding of cloud security models and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches.
- Good experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or equivalent Experience with building, changing, and versioning infrastructure using toolsets such Terraform or equivalent.
- Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerisation (Docker) Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with systems and IT operations operating within an ISO27001 environment.
- Experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components and their application to cloud (AWS/Azure) environments.
- Can manage regular system patching, including critical security upgrades and will seek strategies to automate these process.
- Can work with and manage key suppliers in the production environments (security suppliers, suppliers providing infrastructure monitoring and others).
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks and validating external suppliers.
- Experience in mobile, email and telephony services Enterprise level project delivery.