London, United Kingdom
DevOps Engineer – London City
Salary - £55K/£65K (Depending on experience)
North Starr are working with a London (City) Client. My client are looking for outstanding team players with excellent problem-solving abilities and competence in several technologies and languages. My client operates in an agile environment, using some cutting-edge technology and are passionate about reaching CI/CD nirvana.
- Designing and producing sustainable, fit-for-purpose infrastructure through code that meets the goals of the business .
- Maintaining high standards of quality and security in all software.
- Keeping our build automation pipeline fit for purpose.
- Adopting new technologies and techniques to improve the Orbit platform.
- Refining the developing process in platform and product teams to improve the way the team as a whole operates.
- Ensuring infrastructure adheres to the agreed architecture.
- Estimating effort to complete technical work through planning and grooming sessions.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Linux / UNIX – Displays competency and depth in the Linux (or UNIX variants) operating systems. Understands file systems, kernel processes, basic networking, troubleshooting and diagnostics. Is very comfortable shell scripting in (ideally) several languages.
- SaltStack / Chef / Puppet / Ansible (at least one) - Can develop appropriate modules to perform a range of installation and configuration tasks on target machines. Understands remote execution framework, targeting and event systems where appropriate. Can abstract modules and template code with Jinja or other templating framework.
- Terraform- Understands how to create and manage terraform states for provisioning infrastructure in a range of possible target providers (at minimum, AWS).
- AWS - Is proficient with most of the common AWS services such as EC2, IAM, Route53, RDS, S3, Security Groups, EFS and load balancing & routing. Can interact with these services via Web Console, CLI, API and Terraform.
- Development Tooling – Uses git, Jira, Jenkins and related tools and understands CI/CD pipelines.
- Docker - Knows how to build and manage Docker images and containers. Can create images from scratch or by extending base images.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org