London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services technology company.
Our client is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who will be will be involved in the entire life-cycle of delivering technology requirements. This global organisation has just completed three large mergers and will be looking for someone in particular to help with the incorporation of two new clients based internationally.
The role will be based in their offices in the City of London and they are looking for an initial 6 month rolling contract to come in and help with all of aspects of the technology lifecycle. We are looking for individuals with strong Azure/AWS experience.
- Develop, modify and support Azure Services across multiple accounts
- Windows server administration (2012/2016/Core)
- Linux server administration (Centos, RHEL) (Not essential)
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery processes and improvements
- Configuration management and infrastructure automation
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Strong understanding of Azure/AWS fundamentals and architecture
- Infrastructure as code – Terraform, Cloudformation
- Configuration management tools – Ideally Chef
- Solid Linux or Windows administration, configuring & troubleshooting – Ideally both
- Strong Scripting in at least PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Microsoft IIS
- Team City or Jenkins Continuous Integration experience
- Containerized application management – Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm (desirable)
- Release of in-house build digital .NET web applications (desirable)
- PostgreSQL / SQL Server (desirable)
- Monitoring – Nagios/Icinga, Grafana, Datadog, ELK (desirable)
- The Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence) (desirable)