Harrington Starr is working with a leading financial company who are looking for an DevOps Engineer to join their team.
Self-starter who is passionate about software defined infrastructure and cloud.
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency.
- Ability to provide leadership and accountability for work they undertake and articulate their thoughts
- Comfortable with fast-pasted and dynamic environments
- Able to take on ideas and feedback from other technical experts as well as the business
- Takes ownership for their work and has exceptional attention to detail
- Research new technologies to implement within the DevOps environment to improve the process of code deployment to our environments, seek out in-efficiencies and match relevant technology solutions to resolve them.
- Follow a source control culture within the configuration of Servers and Applications whereby environments are configured via code for a fully automated process.
- Sit in Dev meetings at project inception to ensure the standards set by DevOps are being applied especially with respect to logging and monitoring of application health, compatibility with infrastructure design, security requirements and compliance.
- Receive Deployment Plans, validate them and carry them out in an efficient manner via deployment tools available.
- Monitor server resources within your portfolio to proactively identify bottlenecks and advise or implement remediation steps to improve software design.
- Maintain knowledge of the inner workings of all applications within your relative portfolio, ensuring that all system dependencies are documented.
- Research new technologies to be implemented within the DevOps environment to improve the processes of code deployment, seek out inefficiencies and match relevant technology solutions to resolve them.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
- A relevant Information Technology qualification and Microsoft Certifications beneficial.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Information Technology industry using Linux.
- Previous experience in a live production environment.
- Proven hands-on experience with Linux Servers (RedHat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu Linux)
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks.
- Knowledge of Network Security and Networking Protocols.
- Knowledge of Web and Application hosting environments (Apache/NginX)
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Puppet
- Knowledge of logging technologies such as LogStash, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Splunk
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Geneos, Nagios Grafana or Sensu
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward-thinking financial firm. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding new role and want to play an integral part in joining a new team, then please apply now. Alternatively, you can contact me on 0203 587 email@example.com