London, United Kingdom
Development/Production DBA - London - Finance
Brokerage - London
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
DBA, T-SQL, ETL, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012R2, PowerShell, C#, .NET, Development
A global leading brokerage that has been leading the field of electronic trading for a number of years are seeking a DBA to join their world-class team. This organisation is a highly reputable company within their sector over a global scale, which continues to optimize all their clients use with their excellent investment solutions. This is a rare opportunity to join a leading organisation in a pinnacle role as a Development DBA role and join a talented team of IT professionals.
This role is not your average DBA position. This will require you to be involved in developing systems and maintaining equity trading platforms using the right tool for the right job. This is a Microsoft environment and will require you to have strengths in .NET development as well as the ability to run production DBA work on this hedge funds large database systems. Their current DB systems are being automated across the business, so strong experience with PowerShell is required. Expertise on MS SQL Server is a must, using T-SQL for querying indexes and running optimisations. Most importantly, you will need to have a great knowledge on the architecture of systems outside of the database side because you will be working closely with the business.
Key requirements within this role are as follows:
- At least 4 years DBA experience and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 and utilities - Required
- The ability to use T-SQL to its full potential (queries, optimisations) - Required
- Familiarity with programming/scripting in PowerShell and C# .NET - Essential
- Proficient with data modelling and creating physical models from logical models - Required
- Ability to create, implement and review complex database structures - Essential
- Can perform complex ETL utility functions - Required
- Ability to tune complex SQL and indexes - Essential
- Strong knowledge of backups and recovery - Essential
- Strong understanding of the financial markets - Desirable
- A computer science background - Desirable
- A DBA who can use development tools for automation - Required
This role offers a great environment to work on the most cutting edge platforms within IT, let alone financial services. This is an organisation that offers a great culture and resources are never an issue due to the way the business utilises the IT team. This organisation are renowned for using the latest cutting edge technologies, whether it be within their database systems or software portfolio systems making them a highly desirable organisation for technology driven professionals. If you are a big data fanatic and want to be involved in a company that utilises the opportunity around the big data, then please apply immediately.
If this role interests you, please contact Jon Kay at Harrington Starr.