London, United Kingdom
Desktop Support Engineer - City of London - Windows 7/8, Exchange, Active Directory, TCP/IP, Windows Server, Client Facing, Finance - £45,000
A global organisation providing consultancy services to the financial services hedge fund space is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to work within their support team, working to support desktop and office based technology solutions surrounding their multi-technology environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with other staff members to ensure quick issue resolution, play a role in operational projects and work with the service desk, Problem Management teams and other technology team. You will be responsible for going out to client site, so it is imperative that you are confident to walking onto trading floors facing off to the business.
In order to be considered for the role of the Desktop Support Engineer experience in the following is essential:
- Ability to provide support for the Microsoft environment – Windows 7/8, Office 2007.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with Networking (TCP/IP) and Blackberry / iPhones
- Knowledge of market data applications such as Reuters, Bloomberg, Factset etc, would be beneficial
- This is a client facing role and client interaction is at the core of the business so applicants must be confident, assured and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and global consultancy that is growing exponentially to cope with increased business demands. The successful applicant will be sent out to client sites from the off and expected to hold their own in some of the leading financial institutions in the space. They will be given the opportunity to run their own projects and develop their skills among some of the leading professionals in the financial services. For immediate enquiries please contact Harriet Lamplugh de Smith at Harrington Starr on 0203 587 7007