New York, United States
Responsible for all aspects of successful project delivery.
- Manage the financials of the project:
- Coordinate the estimation process to arrive at an appropriate and commercially viable estimate
- Track delivery against budget and forecast any likely deviations
- Trigger finance activities at the end of each milestone
- Manage the project personnel
- Identify the needed skills and negotiate the right team (with central resourcing)
- Manage the individuals and the team to their optimal performance. This includes collaborating with line managers, coaching individuals (or arranging support as needed); assess individuals for project fatigue; and adjust resourcing as needed
- Facilitate team brainstorming and collaboration
- Manage the deliverable scope and quality
- Understand the business and technical domain sufficiently to ensure that the deliverables meet expectations
- Set up appropriate review, testing, and other processes to ensure deliverables meet high standards
- Actively manage all scope elements and dependencies
- Lead contractual change request process when adjustments are to be formally memorialized
- Manage the client
- Know your client: know who the key players are and quickly learn how to manage them
- Ensure client is aligned with contractual deliverables and approach team is taking
- Manage client dependencies
- Manage messaging and negotiate appropriate outcomes when there are deviations from expectations
- Manage plan and tracking
- Construct predictable plans that the team and project stakeholders are aligned on
- Use data driven tracking, daily
- Identify risks and actively manage to minimize impact
- Participate in risk review meetings with peer panel, articulate issues and risks
- Manage all elements of project reporting and communication
- Construct appropriate status reporting and other communication as needed to ensure all project stakeholders are well-informed and aligned
- Delivery consulting
- Operate as a delivery consultant in a client engagement where required, providing advisory or delivery services (for example PMO services, delivery coaching, delivery analysis etc).
- Produce consulting related artifacts and documentation to a client ready level of quality.
- Participation in business development where required
- Build trusted relationships with the client and identify adjacent opportunities for expansion.
- Participate in pre-sales activity collaborating with Client Solutions to drive pitch, formulate engagement scope and deliverables, and operating model definition.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong Project Management skills: planning, tracking, risk identification and mitigation
- People management
- Stakeholder management
- Agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of the capital markets, trading and risk management
- Working knowledge of typical financial flows and architecture
- Excellent communication skills; able to represent the team, project and firm in all manner of client situations
- Willingness and ability to get “hands-on” as needed; testing software, writing and confirming requirements with client, writing test plans
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing the implementation of financial services systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing teams 5 – 12 people
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT Industry, ideally within finance
- Account management, add-on sales experience a plus
- Software development experience a plus