New York, United States
SQL Database Administrator – New York City – Up to $100,000
Harrington Starr has partnered with a global financial technology company in New York City in a search for a SQL Database Administrator. This is an excellent role for a mid-level DBA with at least 5 years’ experience working with SQL – Both Oracle SQL ( 11g / 12c ) and Microsoft SQL Server ( 2005 / 2008 / 2012 ). Sybase is a bonus. Experience with database architecture, performance tuning, Real Application Cluster, Always On, Mirroring, Cluster Setup, Shell Scripting are strongly preferred.
The role will sit within the infrastructure services team, in a technology-driven environment, providing operational support across the company and will offer the candidate the opportunity to gain extensive hands-on experience in diverse enterprise database environments, within a large and continuously growing financial technology company.
- 5 years’ experience working with SQL Database Administration is required
- Experience with database architecture and performance tuning is required
- Preferably as much Oracle 12c as possible
- Experience with Real Application Cluster
- SQL Server
- Preferably as much SQL Server 2012 as possible
- Experience Always On, Mirroring, and Cluster Setup
- Some Sybase is a nice to have
- Shell Scripting experience
- Experience in an operational support environment is required
- Experience with ServiceNow is preferred
In addition to this role, I am working with other roles at different levels requiring related skillsets. If you are interested in this role or a similar role at another role within the financial technology space, send your resume to Matt Kerwin at Matt.Kerwin(at)HarringtonStarr.com