London, United Kingdom
Data Technologist – London – Hedge Fund
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
London – Hedge Fund
Data Acquisition, Data Processing, Data Storage, Analysis, Visualization, Infrastructure, Algorithms, SQL Server, NoSQL, Data Modelling, High Performance Computing, Parallel Computing.
One of the most exciting Hedge Funds who specialise in macro trading have a great opportunity to join their team, who have been building some exciting systems within the buy-side space and capitalising on big data technologies. They are hiring for a data technologist to join their small out fit and specialise in data acquisition, manipulation and automating data processes.
Within this role you will need to have raw talent with working with big data technologies, such as Spark and Hadoop. You will need to have a strong grounding in SQL and NoSQL databases, coupled with good knowledge on machine learning concepts. If you have experience within the financial sector it is highly advantageous (especially derivatives knowledge) as you will be working on complex financial systems and interacting with Quants on portfolio managers.
Key requirements within this role are as follows:
- Solid development experience with SQL and NoSQL – Essential
- Strong mathematical skills as well as a computer science background – Essential
- Good communicator with the ability to perform high performance computing – Essential
- Financial experience with an understanding of derivatives – Beneficial
- Passionate programmer with skills in data analysis, manipulation, data modelling and database design– Required
- Enthusiast for working with complex data structures and algorithms – Required
- Good knowledge on machine-learning - Required
This role is a rare opportunity to work with a powerful hedge fund that are using market leading trading strategies. You will be given freedom to implement new technologies and work closely with the business in a highly rewarding environment. The development team is going through a growth phase and with many Greenfield systems and challenging work, you will be entering at a fantastic time.
To avoid disappointment, please contact Jon Kay @ Harrington Starr.