London, United Kingdom
Data Scientist – Java or Python, AWS, Cloud, Machine Learning, Hadoop, Data Visualisation
The North Starr team are looking to hire a hands-on Senior Data Engineer/ Data Scientist who is looking for a career move. The successful candidate will be able to help shape the future of how the client manages and processes their data.
The successful Data Engineer / Data Scientist will have experience of building data products & solutions in AWS Cloud Infrastructures.
As the Senior Data Engineer (AWS, Python, Java) your responsibility will be to lead the design, build and implementation of the data solution. You will have a good knowledge of AWS (ideally having used features such as S3 and Redshift) and will have put solutions into production that have been built using either Java or Python. The platform will also be making use of big data technologies such as Hadoop and adopting Machine learning techniques so any experience using these would be useful.
This firm are looking to build a single, trusted platform that consolidates and distributes data throughout the different business areas. You have the chance to be part of building that solution.
The core responsibilities are as follows:
- Build descriptive and predictive models to understand and predict customer behaviour.
- Build customer segmentation models to deepen understanding of our increasingly diverse client base and provide personalized customer experience.
- Build Tableau dashboards to expose actionable insights to high-level business users.
- Work with Data Scientists from other teams to expand the adoption of Machine Learning across the company.
The Senior Data Engineer (AWS, Python, Java) will need:
- Strong experience with Python or Java Development – Essential
- Experience building solutions on an AWS platform – Essential
- Experience of building data products & solutions in AWS Cloud Infrastructures. - Essential
- Experience with S3 or Redshift – Highly Beneficial
- Experience with Big Data or Machine Learning concepts – Beneficial
- Training offered to mid-level
Our client offer superb bonus & benefits package and embraces a healthy home to work life balance for its employees.
The North Starr team very much look forwarded to speaking with you about your next career move.