London, United Kingdom
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to build proof of concepts for new business solutions.
- Efficiently explore new data sources and assess data gathering techniques.
- Help to conceptually frame and refine relevant business questions.
- Build robust data pipelines.
- Develop custom machine learning models and algorithms.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement and productionize models whilst monitoring the performance.
- Communicate findings to different stake holders.
Essential Skills and Qualifications for Data Scientist
- MINIMUM 2 years experience in a Data Science role
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (preferably python or R) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with data bases (e.g. SQL).
- Profound knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, classification, regression, deep learning) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Good knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (hypothesis testing, Bayesian statistics, properties of distributions) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination and communication.
- Curiosity and research attitude to learn new ideas and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with a few years working experience in data science.
- Coding experience (preferably python) to write robust and high standard code; experience with version control (preferably git)