New York, United States
Data Management Consultant – New York City or Boston – Up to $75,000 - $80,000 base salary
Harrington Starr have recently partnered with an industry-leading firm specializing in enterprise data management software for financial services who are seeking junior to mid-level Data Management Consultants for their New York and Boston offices to implement their solution for enterprise data management with their capital markets clients.
The Data Management Consultant should have at least 3 years’ experience in relevant roles such capital markets or broker-dealer operations, an understanding of securities, portfolio and fund accounting, or prime brokerage operations, and some technical background with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle SQL database development, administration, or modelling and be able to travel up to 4 days per week, 3 weeks per month to client sites across the United States although as more clients transition from on-prem to cloud-based solutions the amount of travel is expected to decrease.
The Data Management Consultant role is an excellent opportunity to gain extensive hands-on technical, implementation, project, and client-facing experience in the capital markets space working with an industry-leading enterprise software solution and top-tier clients, while gaining broad exposure to other teams internally with a view to grow quickly within the company.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and processes used in Data Management
- At 3 years’ combined relevant experience working in a broker-dealer or capital markets firm in operations or technology with an understanding of the firm’s business operations
- Experience working with technologies used for securities, trading, portfolio accounting, fund accounting, or prime brokerage operations
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle SQL for database development, database administration, or database modelling
- Ability to travel up to 4 days per week to client sites across the United States 3 weeks per month although as more clients transition from on-prem to cloud-based solutions the amount of travel is expected to decrease
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as an outgoing personality are essential for interacting directly with the firm’s clients as well as team members
In addition to this opportunity, we have other roles available. If you’re interested in this role or a similar role at another level in this space, send your resume to Matt Kerwin at matt.kerwin(at)harringtonstarr.com.