Cloud Engineer - Azure DevOps - Computer Software - £65,000 - 75,000
This is an opportunity for Cloud Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer to join a Software Solutions company at the heart of London. They specialise in the financial technology space and help build adaptable financial software solutions to help clients achieve their goals. Work with pioneers in the fintech industry delivering a mix of end-to-end technology suites and independently focused modules. This ambitious engineer will be involved with managing and monitoring all installed systems/infrastructure (Azure IaaS) and act as 2nd/3rd level escalation for internal IT/Cloud teams. This role would be perfect for someone who see's themself as an all round technologist with the Microsoft technology stack (Azure).
What you will get
- A chance to join a leading Software Solutions company.
- Access to continuous learning and growth by having an enterprise Udemy membership with access to thousands of personal and professional development courses.
- Unlimited annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working (1 - 2 days in the office per week)
- £65,000 - £75,000 basic depending on experience. Plus year-end bonus potential.
- A chance to collaborate with Development teams to define proper monitoring metrics and participate in CI/CD pipelines development
- Pension plan (5% Employee gets 7% Employer or 6% Employee gets 8% Employer)
- Private family health / dental insurance, Life insurance and long term sick cover
- A chance to work on complex projects.
What you will do
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure (Azure IaaS)
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and infrastructure management tools.
- Provide (act as) 2nd and 3rd level escalation for internal IT/Cloud team
- Play an integral role in design, testing, and implementation of custom tools/applications that are relevant to the company needs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers &/or DevOps to implement the fixes.
- Write and Maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks to include working with DevOps team.
- Participate in the design of information and operational IT support systems
- Implementing Network Improvement and architect for the Corporate and Cloud
- Design and implement Infrastructure as a Code concept
- Drive automate-everything approach
- Participation in CI\CD pipelines development
- Design transformation from Server based monitoring approach to Application based monitoring approach
What you will need
- 3+ years of professional experience on SRE or Cloud Engineer role
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft based infrastructure (Domain, ADFS, IIS etc.)
- Scripting skills: PowerShell etc.
- Strong Experience with Azure: Azure DevOps, Azure Pipelines etc.
- Experience with Monitoring Systems like SCOM, Log Analytics, Application Insights would be nice to have
- Experience maintaining highly available production networks
- Experience automating software build, test, and deployment pipelines following agile methodologies.
- Experience safely automating deployments of cloud infrastructure and services.
- Strong proficiency in core TCP/IP networking and web services.
- Exposure to Terraform would be highly beneficial
Find out more
If you would like to have a confidential conversation and find out more about this opportunity, then get in touch with George Harris at Harrington Starr or click on the apply button below