Reading, United Kingdom
Cloud Developer Consultant.
Reading Based - Salary £50,000
North Starr are pleased to be working for this Reading based Cloud Consultancy.
They are looking for a cloud developer consultant who is willing and able to get involved in all stages of software development both for our clients, and for our own product and service offerings. You will responsible for designing and delivering web-based applications in the cloud using the very latest in cloud technologies in AWS and other Cloud providers.
You’ll be working alongside cloud engineers and experienced developers, collaborating on designing and building the front-end, middleware, data storage and cloud infrastructure for a wide range of products and services designed to help our clients make the most of the Cloud.
At our company, you’ll get the opportunity to contribute to the full project delivery lifecycle and, through our technical training partnerships, you’ll have the chance to broaden and deepen your technical skills in software development, Cloud and DevOps emerging trends.
As a technical consultant you may spend some of your time on project-based engagements working on behalf of our clients for a range of ambitious and innovative Cloud projects. Your days of work will normally be Monday to Friday, the hours of work are 9 to 5.30pm UK time, but due to the nature of the business, you might be required to assist outside normal working hours. Occasional UK and overseas travel may be required.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Cloud Developer Consultant?
* Contribute to the design, implementation and validation of our own products and services, and utilise them to help our clients commission new applications and capabilities into the cloud.
* Understand the requirements, agree on the technical approach and take responsibility for translating these into prototypes and production ready code.
* Take an active role in all phases of the development lifecycle including the support for applications that we build and host.
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
* Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
* Implement security and data protection and data storage solutions.
* Get involved in defining and implementing a continuous delivery pipeline
* Contribute to a roadmap (design and implementation) for our own Cloud Framework Platform which optimises the use of technology.
* Share experience and expertise at meetups, conferences and on social media.
What skills and experience does the Full stack Developer require?
* Practical experience building, high-quality web-based software using a dynamic programming language - Python, node JS etc.
* Familiarity with Linux environments; Amazon Web Services (AWS); Google Cloud Platform (GCP); Hashicorp tooling (Terraform, Vault, Consul); Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS/ECS), VPC / Networking; Scripting and provisioning languages e.g. Ansible, Python; and Logging and Monitoring tooling
* Understanding and willingness to embrace CI/CD and automation tooling such as Jenkins/AWS CodeDeploy, CloudFormation and Git-based repositories
* Quality mindset with a desire to achieve high levels of automated test coverage
* Passionate, innovative and driven to help our clients embrace Cloud technologies
* Intrigued and fascinated about building high-quality products.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful
* Degree-level education in a technical or numerate discipline is desirable but not essential
* We are happy to consider applications from applicants with a wide range of employment experience
* Previous experience building software applications in a commercial environment
* AWS or Google Cloud Certification would give you a headstart - if you don’t already have one, we can help you to achieve certification
* A second language is desirable - preferably Spanish.
Please do send your CV is you are intrested in the position.