New York, United States
To work in a young, international, digital company with a progressive sales organization that utilizes the latest sales methodologies.
European Headquartered brand, who are leaders in the e-commerce software space. Recently expanded it's business offering to the North American region and opened two flex offices in New York and Boston. This is where Sales Reps, Marketers, Customer Success Managers and E-Commerce Consultants are working to grow market share in the North American region.
Sales in this segment require a custom approach. As such, you need to be able to present both standard solutions, alongside being able to explain how they can fulfill specific client needs. An essential part of this is being able to think out of the box and having strong powers of persuasion, so you can get all stakeholders (internal and external) on board with a project.
You’ll achieve this by working together with pre-sales consultants and guiding the sales trajectory. During this process, you’ll take on a consultative sales role that will enable you to identify new clients and build long-term relationships. These relationships are crucial, as the average sales cycle lasts six to nine months. As such, you’ll also need a healthy dose of endurance to turn a prospect into a client.
As a Channel Sales Manager, you’ll guide the new client sales trajectory by:
- Building a partner channel
- Developing partner relationships
- Following up on leads from ERP partners, marketing and the inside sales team
- Attending events in the North American region
- Training and educating partners
- Giving online product demonstrations
- Visiting prospects in the North American region and advising them on their digital transformation
- Working with e-commerce consultants and partners to translate the needs of clients into a custom product solution
- Being an excellent conversationalist who can skillfully guide the sales process
- Closing deals!
What's on offer:
- Personal Growth. Working in a dynamic, fast-growing company means that you will get more responsibilities over time. E-learning, training on the job and visits to headquarters will ensure you learn everything there is to know about our e-commerce product.
- Dynamic market. E-commerce is happening, and it’s happening right now. You’ll be focusing on small and medium-sized B2B enterprises that use ERP systems with which the solution integrates, such as Microsoft Dynamics and SAP.
- Ambitious team. Together with the North American team you will work hard to reach ambitious goals. Of course, there is also time for fun. You will regularly be invited to social gatherings, after-work drinks and company trips.
- International work environment.
We are looking for:
A new colleague who enjoys the challenge of being a part of a growing start-up in the North American region. With this entrepreneurial mindset and commercial skills, you are bound to be successful. You have experience with long, complex sales trajectories, which is why you understand that asking good questions, listening and having patience are all vital to helping clients reach their full online potential!
You also have:
- Sales experience. At least 3 years’ experience in channel-based solution selling.
- Communicative skills. You are great at understanding customer needs and know how to look for the ‘question behind the question’. You leave no room for interpretation.
- Entrepreneurial skills. You have a lot of energy, are excited about the e-commerce industry and can’t wait to gain market share. How will you do it? You aren’t looking for a path that’s already set in stone — you want to keep on experimenting to find the best way.