London, United Kingdom
C++ Developer, futures market maker and trading house.
This role will work on development and maintenance of a flexible, low-latency C++ automated trading application which is used to implement various market making and trading strategies on global futures exchanges. It will be working closely with the traders, quants and the development team.
- Be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle (initial requirements, technical specifications, design, implementation, testing, user training and maintenance).
- Write safe, efficient C++ for both the back-end co-located trading servers and the front-end GUI on campus, which will involve writing portable code that runs on both Windows and Linux.
- Work on all aspects of the automated trading infrastructure including market connectivity, order management, user interface and the business logic driving trading decisions.
The team are looking for someone who has gained experience of the following;
- Fluent in C++ and C++ Standard Library.
- Knowledge of Boost and wxWidgets.
- Ability to write safe, efficient, portable code.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with fast development cycles.
- A proven track record of working on complex, high performance systems.
- Debugging and testing skills.
- Ability to work with Linux, Git and Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Knowledge of Python/Ruby is desirable.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is desirable.