London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading hedge fund looking for a C# server-side developer to work on and enhance their pricing library as well as code for running the library in a distributed manner. Work may include derivatives on FX, interest rates, equities, credit or commodities.
The pricing library will at first provide risk, P&L and what-if scenario analysis; later this will be expanded to back testing, screening etc.
It represents an excellent opportunity for a developer to learn more about derivatives and distributed computing whilst working in a dynamic and intellectually challenging environment.
- Experience of working with Quant Analysts.
- Experience of working with traders.
- Experience supporting a live production environment.
- A solid understanding of best practices in software development, testing and release procedures.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong programming skills in C#.
- Some knowledge of FX, interest rates, equity, credit or commodity derivatives.
- SQL, AWS or experience with any cloud provider, messaging platforms, serialisation.
- Strong mathematics.
- Very good English.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and well organised.
- Excellent triage/problem diagnosis skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and prioritise well.
- Must be a self-starter who will work well in a busy team
Get in touch with George Bean - George.email@example.com for more info on this opportunity.