Stamford, CT, United Kingdom
C# .Net Software Developer – USA – Stamford - Finance
Hedge Fund – Stamford CT
Salary: Negotiable + Bonus + Benefits
A global leading Hedge fund that specialise in trading commodities, fixed-income and all major asset classes within the buy-side space are going through major expansion due to their great performance in the markets. They are seeking a full stack developer with strong development skills to join their dynamic team and work on some major Greenfield projects, which will require the latest technologies across the Microsoft stack.
Within this opportunity you will be required to design and implement service-oriented architecture to provide pricing and trading functionality on top of their unique investment management platform and to integrate with a variety of systems. You will be using C# .Net across the full stack and work with Oracle for their object related database management system, but will be keen to see candidates with strong SQL Server development skills. You will be working with front and middle office project management teams to analyse existing business processes and design extensible systems that will impact the business. This organisation have a variety of business critical systems that you will have access to and be required to work across. This is an organisation that tend to avoid using vendor platforms and build everything in-house.
Key requirements within this opportunity are as follows:
- At least 4 years C# .Net development skills - Required
- Strong RDBMS development skills with either Oracle or SQL Server - Essential
- Experienced within the full software development life cycle - Required
- Passionate about working within a dynamic front-office financial role – Essential
- Skilled in both web based and desktop application development - Required
- An understanding of the financial markets - Desirable
- Experienced with middleware messaging systems- Desirable
- An articulate software developer who can communicate technical information to non-technical team members - Essential
This opportunity is ideal for both developers with financial experience or developers seeking work in a financial environment. They follow the best development practices and have a great company culture that provide a clear career path and empowerment to make decisions on development methodologies, technologies and processes. With a flat structure, they are offering an opportunity to gain responsibility and be noticed from your first day.
For more information, please contact Jon Kay @ Harrington Starr.